Vegas Valley Adventist Academy!
Christian Education in the Vegas Valley was first founded by the Seventh-Day Adventist church located at Tenth and Carson in the 1940’s to offer families an alternative to public education in a Christian atmosphere. In the early 1960’s, the church realized there was a need to reach more of the community, so by 1963 land was purchased to build a new facility at our present location. Classrooms were built in 1964 and a gymnasium was completed in 1968.
From our humble beginning, the church has believed in the importance of a child's academic program being paramount in their development mentally, socially, physically, and spiritually. The belief that what a child learns in school will last an eternity has enabled us to play a significant part in our graduates becoming doctors, lawyers, professional athletes, business leaders, clergy, and community leaders for over 70 years.
In 2020, the two Adventist schools in the Valley came together to form what is now Vegas Valley Adventist Academy. Today, VVAA is honored to be operated with the leadership and guidance of the Nevada-Utah Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist, driven by our Mission and the desire to educate our children for eternity.